1) Coffee hair mask
In a coffee hair mask, you would expect to get a darker color shade of hair and is recommended for people with light brown or blond hair who want to tint it dark. In order for this to work, you will need the following;
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coffee (the stronger the better, preferably espresso)
- A bowl
- A shower cap
1) Dilute the apple cider vinegar in a 1:4 ratio (1 part apple cider for every 4 parts water)
2) Brew some strong coffee. Add three times the amount of coffee in your mixture than you regularly would in your morning cup. Fill a large bowl and wait for it to cool (add ice cubes to speed up the process).
3) Shower, wash your hair regularly, then apply the apple cider vinegar until your hair is completely soaked in it. Then wash the vinegar out of your hair MOSTLY, leave a little bit in. This allows you to get rid of any buildup of hair products in your hair and gives you volume.
4) Either soak your hair in the coffee bowl for 20 minutes, or pour the entire bowl over your hair evenly and cover with a shower cap for two hours. After doing either of these two options, wash your hair thoroughly and apply apple cider vinegar again. Wash the vinegar out thorougly.
5) Enjoy your silky smooth slightly darker hair =D
*Did you know that?
The caffeine in coffee actually stimulates hair growth and prevents hair breakage and loss.
For this home remedy, the hair color you get would depend on the type of tea you use. Chamomile and black tea typically gives a lighter effect on the hair. In order for this to work, you would have to steep 8-10 tea bags in a steaming bowl of water until diffused properly. After this is done, allow the strong concentration of tea to cool down until it is cool to the touch (you can add ice to speed up this process). Remember, the skin on your scalp is more sensitive than the skin on your hands, so make sure it is cooled down properly. After this, you may lean back on a table for about 20 minutes with your hair in the bowl that entire time, OR you may soak your hair in the tea and wear a shower cap for two hours. Wash your hair thoroughly and you should see slight results and guaranteed soft, smooth hair. If this is repeated for a few days, you should see noticeable results.
This is used to get natural looking highlights by simply using lemons and the power of the sun. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice and apply it to the places in your hair where you would like highlights. Go out in the sun for an hour at a time. Do NOT stay out in the sun for more than an hour with lemon in your hair because there's the chance of causing some damage. Do this once a day for a few days to get very noticeable results.
Beets stain very well, so use caution in this remedy if you don't want to end up looking like a lobster for a day or so. This would tint your hair red fairly well and has benefits for your scalp due to the fact that beets are good for your circulation, and everybody loves circulation. Shred the beat using a cheese shredder, than scoop up the remain (WITH GLOVES) and squeeze the juice out of it into a cup. With only a couple beets, you should get the amount you want (they're very juicy). While you're at it, you can drink up a tiny espresso cup of beet juice due to the fact that it is WONDERFUL for your health (specifically circulation and blood). Rinse your hair with the beet juice and put on a shower cap for two hours, and rinse thoroughly.
Henna is a strong, plant-based colorant used for temporary designs on your skin. It is very popular in Indian cultures, and you know how I love home remedies that originate in India. There are different colors of henna and you may choose which color you prefer. Henna is said to leave your hair effectively dyed, and leaves your locks stronger and less prone to breakage than before. This dyes your hair a lot longer, and naturally, than the remedies mentioned above, but it is also the most expensive and the hardest to wash out. Read the instructions on the package carefully before applying henna to your hair. Nevertheless, I HIGHLY recommend this to dye your hair naturally.