Dehydrated lips are one of the most annoying things in the world. You feel as if there is a constant bother on your face and small habits formed by these bothers, such as biting or licking your lips, just worsen the condition. In the end, you end up with chapped, unmanageable lips that just refuse to respond to your daily treatment of lip balm.These are absolutely MUST know tips and must have ingredients in your household to maintain perfect, kissable lips cheaply, naturally, and effectively.
First off, some tips. Because treatment will not be as effective if you refuse to change some habits.
5 tips for healthy lips;
1) DO NOT bite or lick your lips - This is something that you should NOT do. Avoid buying flavored lip balms because this will just tempt you to lick and bite your lips even more. Saliva evaporates quickly and will leave your lips even drier than they were before, and biting or picking will damage the delicate skin.
2) Stay hydrated - Drink lots of water. This will not only hydrate your lips, but your entire body. A good way to stay healthy is to drink two liters of water a day.
3) Apply lip balm or Vaseline before applying on lipstick - Some lipsticks can dry out your lips and leave them worse off than they were before. Applying on some kind of moisturizer before applying lipstick will prevent damage, leave your lips hydrated and much better off than bare lipstick.
4) Wear a scarf in the winter - Cover your mouth with the scarf to prevent any harsh cold wind from further drying and damaging your lips.
5) Breathe through your nose - Breathing through your mouth dries out your lips. Also, breathing through your nose is actually proven to be healthier for you since your nasal passage filters the air that you breathe.
1) Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline) - This works wonders for your lips. You may even apply it on top of your lipstick or on bare lips to give it a nice shine and effectively give your lips the hydration that they need to stay beautiful and young.
2) Honey - May be applied every once in a while to rejuvenate and hydrate your lips (can also be applied to face, check out my other article on the benefits of honey).
3) Coconut oil or almond oil - I tend to use almond oil because it always works for me. But research states that coconut oil is very beneficial in the hydration of lips if used in MODERATE amounts. Do not apply too much at a time as this can worsen it. Nevertheless, it does wonders if applied correctly.