Cinnamon is a popular homemade remedy for treating colds and clearing up acne very effectively and in my personal experience, it's been a lifesaver. I've been struggling with blackheads for some time and using the cinnamon skin mask has really helped more than any other product I've used, and I know a lot of people that can say the same. Now I've gotten lazy and the blackheads are coming back a little, so I'll be going back to my "cinnamon routine" once again. But really, give it a try and I promise you won't forget it.
Instructions for achieving the health benefits of cinnamon
- Add cinnamon to homemade dessert recipes or cook quinoa pudding (I will be adding another post soon with the recipe for this marvelous, healthy dessert) and sprinkle cinnamon on it.
- Add peanut butter to apple slices and sprinkle some cinnamon on it as a small snack.
- If you're brave, ingest 1 teaspoon of cinnamon per day. Don't be like her. It will have a very harsh taste, so I'd recommend mixing it with some form of drink.
Instructions for putting cinnamon on your skin
- Mix one teaspoon cinnamon with 3 tablespoons of honey. This makes a quick face mask that will help get rid of blackheads!
TIP* Don't leave the cinnamon mask on for over 30 min as it may irritate skin.
TIP* Don't add more cinnamon than honey. Again, it will irritate your skin. Sometimes too much is not good (like makeup).
Eight Benefits of cinnamon for your health and your beauty!
1) Helps reduce cellulite with daily use - Mix 1 teaspoon cinnamon with 3 tablespoons honey and rub it on the affected area. To make this even more effective, add half a teaspoon of coffee grounds for the added caffeine which is proven to help reduce cellulite as well!
2) Gets rid of blackheads with daily use - Blackheads occur when there is an oil-buildup on your skin and gets trapped in your pores. This is most common in your T-zone. Make a face wash using 1/2 cup of boiled milk mixed with 5 teaspoons cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of honey and use this every night after steaming your face to open your pores. This will get rid of blackheads effectively and quickly.
3) Helps lower cholesterol - Cinnamon has been proven to help lower LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol). Take one teaspoon of cinnamon a day along with a healthy diet to see results!
4) Treats Acne - Because cinnamon is anti-inflammatory, stimulates the flow of blood to the skin, and is anti-bacterial and anti-viral, it is an effective method for treating acne.
5) Plumps skin - By applying cinnamon to the skin, it brings blood to the surface of the skin making it seem more full and vibrant. This is good for an anti-aging effect.
6) Treats Eczema - Cinnamon has been proven to treat eczema. Add a mix of two tablespoons honey and 1 teaspoon cinnamon to the affected area and you should see results in a week. (Notice how I use different amounts of honey and cinnamon in this combinations for each recipe. Follow these well because it's meant to have a stronger effect for certain treatments.)
7) Decreases inflammation - Cinnamon helps calm down swelled areas by reducing the release of arachidonic acid from cell membranes. This has an anti-inflammatory effect.
8) Smelling cinnamon helps boost brain function - It's been proving that taking a whiff of cinnamon (don't get it in your nose) can help stimulate brain function and make you think more clearly. I just thought I should put this in since I know this can be useful for school ;D